Nathan Firouzi’s practice focuses on sales and use tax, corporate income tax and franchise tax, and individual income tax planning, compliance, audit assistance, and appeal representation.
In addition to state and local tax matters, he also assists clients with complex business transactions, partnership and corporate matters, and federal tax planning, examinations, collections, and controversies.
Prior to joining Crapo Deeds, Nathan was an Assistant Attorney General at the Utah Attorney General’s Office in the Tax & Financial Services Division. As an Assistant Attorney General, Nathan advocated for the state’s interests before Utah’s Tax Commission and Insurance Department, the Bankruptcy Court, and State District Court. Nathan now focuses on translating his knowledge of federal, state, and local taxes into efficient solutions for his clients.
Nathan earned his law degree from the S.J. Quinney College of Law at the University of Utah. Nathan attended Brigham Young University – Hawaii, where he earned a bachelor’s degree in Business Management with an emphasis in finance, and a bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
Nathan served as the Chair of the Tax Section of the Utah Bar and has been recognized as one of Utah’s top tax attorneys. When Nathan is not working, he enjoys spending time with his family, going on motorcycle rides, and watching movies.
· State and Local Tax Planning and Appeals
· Business Transactions & Corporate Law
· Federal Tax Planning & Appeals
· Crapo Deeds, Associate: 2021 to present
· Fabian Vancott, Associate: 2020-2021
· Assistant Attorney General, Utah Attorney General’s Office: 2018-2020
· Senior Analyst, Goldman Sachs & Co., Asset Management Division: 2017-2018
· Extern, Securities and Exchange Commission: 2016
· J.D., S.J. Quinney College of Law, University of Utah, 2016
· B.S. in Business Management emphasis in Finance, Brigham Young University – Hawaii, 2013
· B.S. in Accounting, Brigham Young University – Hawaii, 2013